Monday, 2 September 2013

two nights in edinburgh


Last week I went on a quick city break to Edinburgh to see my best gal pal who's been living over there this month. Unfortunately I just barely missed the Fringe festival but I had a great time regardless. I was expecting it to be a casual city break with shopping, eating and cocktails but it ended up being one of those amazingly fun drinking holidays! We stayed out late both nights dancing and drinking far too many £1 vodka & cokes! I'm not hugely into sightseeing and shopping was #1 priority for me so naturally I went mad in MAC at duty-free and also rinsed out Topshop as well as the shops we don't have back home like La Senza and Superdrug. I got to eat in Chiquito's too which I was excited about because I loved it when we were in Belfast. Hopefully I'll be able to share my purchases in a later post. I got some nice photos despite just bringing my phone - my other camera is a DSLR which is just too bulky. It isn't hard to get gorgeous pics as Edinburgh is such a beautiful city! Have you ever been in Edinburgh? Did you love it like I did?

2 comments:

  1. These are such gorgeous photos! The middle photo of that building looks so gothic like something you'd seen in Spain. When I was in Europe last year, I only got to visit London in the UK, but I'm dying to go back to travel around England and Scotland, and even Ireland too! Getting drunk would be so good - I can't believe Vodka and Coke's only cost £1 over there! I can't afford to get drunk anymore, haha.

    I'm looking forward to seeing your purchases!

    http://vintagemachine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to say that I really enjoy your blog! Keep up the great work ♡

    PS: May I invite you to my giveaway?

    Win a SUITSUIT luggage set (value €407) on my blog:

    www.freshminhtea.com

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment as I would love your feedback! don't forget to check back for a reply! you can also contact me on twitter @serenaelliott