Saturday, 17 August 2013

insta-updates







follow me on instagram @serenaelliott

Just a few snaps to show you what I've been up to the past few weeks! Mostly going out (as you can tell by the gratuitous selfies) and shopping, as per.
I got started on what will in the future be a half-sleeve tattoo, composed of three different main pieces on my upper arm, and I couldn't be happier with the finished result. My artist did an amazing job, as always and I can't stop looking at my new little friend on my arm!

I've been working a lot the past few weeks (I work in retail) and have spent any free time to relax or read a book. I just finished reading Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro and I loved it. I'd seen the film around when it came out and I wish I hadn't as I think the book and storyline are really well crafted and presented to the reader in a really interesting way and I would have loved to experience that properly, without knowing what was coming! It's a beautiful story and it's really thought-provoking. It's also short at just under 300 pages so it's a fast and easy read, despite the sensitive subject matter! If you haven't heard of the film or seen any adverts for it then definitely read the book before you do.

I just registered for university yesterday after switching my major from French to English Literature and got to choose all of my classes for my final year. I'm looking forward to doing a lot of them as final stage English offers a much broader range of classes so I think a lot of the ones I've chosen will be really interesting. I'm definitely savouring the last few weeks of summer, though!

I also booked a mini-trip away for the end of the month to Edinburgh to see my best friend who's staying out there at the moment. I can't wait to do some major damage in the shops and generally have a good time and I'm so happy to have the chance to go away for a few days before I have to go back to college. If you've any places in Edinburgh that you recommend seeing/drinking in then let me know!

What have you been up to for the last few weeks? I've been obsessed with using Instagram since I got an iPhone and I'm always looking for new accounts to follow so leave yours below & you can find me @serenaelliott.


No comments:

Post a Comment

please feel free to leave a comment as I would love your feedback! don't forget to check back for a reply! you can also contact me on twitter @serenaelliott