Monday, 19 August 2013

current base favourites




Illamasqua concealer in CC115, Nars Pure Radiant tinted moisturiser in Terre-Neuve, Bobbi Brown under-eye corrector in Porcelain Bisque.

I had been struggling to find a foundation that was compatible with my generally shit skin - combination, with dry patches & dehydrated, meaning I find it hard to find makeup that will really sink into my skin and not just sit, cakey on the top. Nars are one of my favourite brands and Sheer Glow is my favourite base of all time but it's a bit heavy for everyday wear, and the Dublin counter has been out of stock in my shade, Siberia, for months now. In the meantime I got a sample of their much-loved tinted moisturiser and was sold almost immediately. I went out and bought it the day I tried it out, and haven't looked back since. It's enough coverage for an even base, provides just enough radiance so you look glowy - not shiny - it's lightweight on the skin and has an SPF of 30. The shade is a little dark for me but it blends really well so I can still get away with it.

I still need a little extra coverage, however, and I've been turning to my two favourite concealers. Bobbi Brown's corrector fixes any dark spots under my eyes and generally brightens my whole face while doing so. Next, Illamasqua's blemish concealer does the job on spots and scarring. I'm a fan of the Lisa Eldridge 'less foundation, more concealer' philosophy as it keeps my skin looking good without being cakey.

Have you tried out any of these products or do you want to?

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Can you tell me which one is lighter, Illamasqua 115 or BB porcelain bisque? The Illamasqua CC115 was a bit dark for me, and CC105 didn't cover my dark circles very well so I was thinking of buying BB in porcelain bisque. Thanks :3 !

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment as I would love your feedback! don't forget to check back for a reply! you can also contact me on twitter @serenaelliott