Thursday, 18 July 2013

hot weather essentials



Boots Botanics Rosewater toning spritz, La Roche Posay Anthelios AC sun protection, Illamasqua Light Liquid foundation in 115, Topshop nails in Rumours & Lies, Illamasqua cream pigment in Hollow, Korres lip butter in Jasmine


The nice weather is still going strong here in Dublin and this is probably the longest period of sunshine we've had in the past five years. I'm not used to this heat and I don't particularly like it but I've been making an effort to adapt my routine - mainly with regards to makeup - to suit the warmer weather.



This Boots Botanics organic toning spritz has taken up residence in my handbag and a light mist over the face is ideal as a makeup refresher after a sweaty bus journey! I haven't noticed any skincare benefits from using this - both over makeup and on bare skin - but it's nice to have with me and it's really affordable at only about €5.

I'm no slave to the sun so a good SPF is my saviour. I use a Garnier Factor 50 on my body and especially on my tattoos, but this La Roche-Posay matte sun protection is perfect for under makeup as it helps to keep shine at bay while protecting against sun damage and sunburn. I'm definitely keen to invest in the La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL for when my body SPF runs out after reading Emma's review and I know Leanne is also a fan of La Roche-Posay sun protection!

I recently ordered another Illamasqua foundation in the form of the (now discontinued - sorry!) Light Liquid Foundation to mix with my other foundations to lighten both the shade and the formula but this formula has been perfect to wear in the hotter weather. I'm a full coverage girl at heart so I've been mixing this with my MAC Studio Fix Fluid - two parts Illamasqua and one part MAC creates the perfect everyday base for me.

I know this Topshop polish isn't the most summery of shades but after buying it last week I've been in love and wearing it non stop. I love wearing white in summer and this vamps up a lacy white top to suit my style better. Topshop nail polishes are among my favourites and I think this could be one of my favourite shades of all time!

I wasn't sold on Illamasqua's cream pigment in Hollow after buying it while in Belfast last month but I've since discovered that it's the perfect cheek product for this weather, especially when blended under a bright cream blusher. It's not as grey as I like my contour to be so it's perfect for warming up my skin slightly while giving a light contour.

Finally, red lips have taken a back seat and I've been opting for sheer nudes as I find a heavy matte lipstick is just too high maintenance in the heat. This Korres lip butter has been my go-to for casual days as it adds a sheer wash of pale pink while nourishing my constantly-dry lips.

What are your summer essentials? Do you love/hate any of my picks?

3 comments:

  1. Great picks here! I'm in love with Korres Lip Butters. I only have the mango one, but I really want to get Wild Rose and Jasmine. I'm in love with Topshop nail polishes too and I managed to pick up some really lovely shades while I was in London last year. Unfortunately, the colour range in the two Australian stores isn't too good. :(

    La Roche Posay sunscreen seems to be all the hype these days, which makes me feel cool for buying it last summer while I was in Europe! I love the consistency and it feels so moisturising too.

    I've been obsessed with Topshop lately and that top is gorgeous! I'm a huge sucker for lace!

    http://vintagemachine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the look of the mango lip butter too but I can't justify buying any more lip products haha :( that's crap about the Topshop nail polishes, we have so many gorgeous colours here and I love the dinky little bottles!
      Thanks so much for your comment my love xxxx

      Delete
  2. Love the nail polish color!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment as I would love your feedback! don't forget to check back for a reply! you can also contact me on twitter @serenaelliott