Friday, 5 July 2013

go-to evening makeup


Nars eyeshadow in Mekong, NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in French Fries, Urban Decay Naked palette, Sigma E30, MAC 217, Sephora Crease brush, Sigma E25.

I have about three blog posts in Drafts that are each showcasing a different eye makeup look, or so I thought. On further inspection every eyeshadow look I wear seems to be identical. This one, however, is my current favourite. It didn't photograph too well as the sun was setting as I frantically attempted to photograph my made up face, however lots of people seemed to like it when I instagrammed it that night. Simply put, it's my go-to cut crease but with this incredible 70% cocoa Nars eyeshadow in 'Mekong', buffed through the crease, intensified with a matte black shadow and blended out with my two favourites from my old faithful Naked palette, 'Buck' and 'Smog' to warm it up and flatter my blue eyes. I also smudged my favourite NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in 'French Fries' into my waterline and lower lashline, and blended out with the three shadows mentioned above. To bring it all together a heavy dose of gel eyeliner was required before adding mascara and corner lashes - I used some old Ardell 101 Demi's cut to desired size.

By no means am I a makeup artist or is this a tutorial, I just liked how I did my makeup that night. While there is a ton of blending required I don't think this is a difficult look to achieve and the same pattern can be followed with any eyeshadows - I love using my Naked 2 palette to achieve a more cool toned look, or the Naked Basics eyeshadows for an everyday, retro matte effect.

What's your favourite makeup to wear on a night out? What do you think of my interpretation of an evening look?

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post. Keep it up. Hope to read more post from you guys.

    Vicky
    www.gofastek.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time I commented in a blog! I really enjoy it. You have an awesome post. Please do more articles like this. I'm gonna come back surely. God bless.

    www.imarksweb.org

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment as I would love your feedback! don't forget to check back for a reply! you can also contact me on twitter @serenaelliott