Monday, 8 July 2013

a few favourites



Maybelline Super Stay nail polish in Mint for Life, Make Up For Ever Aqua Brows in 40, Illamasqua concealer in CC125, Lush Retread conditioner, Clarins exfoliating toner, Sigma E05 eyeliner brush

Recently I've been using a few new products in my hair, skincare and makeup routines and a few have really stood out to me and I felt the need to share them. Think of it as a late June favourites!
I grabbed this Maybelline polish after seeing it featured on two of my favourite blogs (1 & 2) - it's a little more subtle and a lot more pastel than Essie Mint Candy Apple and application is fast and easy thanks to the thick brush. I've been using the MUFE Aqua Brow gel since Christmas and recently I've been enjoying using it more and more as the colour is spot on for my dark hair. The Illamasqua concealer was grabbed on a recent trip to Belfast (there's no Illamasqua counter in the Republic of Ireland!) and I've already made a sizeable dent in the full coverage cream - it's similar to MAC Studio Finish or Bobbi Brown creamy concealer but the colour is spot on for someone as far as I am. I bought Lush 'Retread' deep conditioner about two weeks ago and I've been addicted as it's perfect for smoothing out my damaged ends and I've been using it as a treatment every time I wash my hair. The Clarins toner needs no introduction after being featured in a recent skincare post, however a few weeks down the line and I love it more than ever! Finally, this Sigma E05 brush has definitely achieved holy grail status in my brush collection and I don't think I could do gel eyeliner without it; it's the perfect shape and density for achieving make-up artist approved flicks.

What are your current favourites and what do you think of my picks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

please feel free to leave a comment as I would love your feedback! don't forget to check back for a reply! you can also contact me on twitter @serenaelliott