Friday, 21 June 2013

new skincare additions


Indeed Labs Pepta-Bright and Clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner.


I'd wager that you can all guess which skincare blogger inspired my latest purchases. When Boots had 3 for 2 across skincare and bodycare a few weeks ago, several trips were made between me and my Mam which enabled the addition of Indeed Labs Pepta-Bright serum to my skincare stash. While ultimately this is a Caroline Hirons-influenced purchase it was actually Lily's review which gave me the final push. I've been using Pepta-Bright daily for about a month now and while it hasn't made as huge a difference as I expected (curse the hype) I have definitely been feeling more confident about my blotchy skin. My skin is okay in terms of spots, and as long as I treat it well it's reasonably easy to keep dry patches at bay. Thus recently my main concern has been evening out skin-tone. I hate to self-diagnose but I suspect I might have a mild form of dermatillomania which has left my face terribly scarred over the years. This paired with an uneven skin tone and a large amount of freckles leaves me less than confident but recently I've been finding I'm using less foundation as Pepta-Bright has been slowly working its magic. In combination with this, my most recent skincare purchase of the Clarins exfoliating toner has had a noticeable difference on my skin in only about a week and a half. I didn't pay for this product but did use my hard earned Boots points to treat myself to the €31 toner after seeing Rebecca speak about it. After going for so long without a toner, my skin was glowing after just a few days of usage and I already know that I'll repurchase this.

Do you have either of these products? Do you love them or hate them? Do you have any other skincare recommendations for me? I'm unhappy with the moisturisers I've been using so I'd love to hear what your favourite day and night creams are!





1 comment:

  1. Hi friends! My name is kamlesh kumar sharma I am very sad about my Skin problem. My Skin is so dull & down and after sometime my Skin is not looking so good. Thanks to klinik Esthetika to tight my skin with skin tightening. Tight your skin with skin tightening .

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment as I would love your feedback! don't forget to check back for a reply! you can also contact me on twitter @serenaelliott