Wednesday, 22 May 2013

chat



Now that I'm finished my exams and my summer holidays have started I'm free to do whatever I want, which is mostly watch Game of Thrones and play the Sims in my pyjamas, but it's also blogging. I'm truly excited to finally be able to devote more time to my blog and I hope you'll stick around for the summer to read my future ramblings!
Firstly, a quick face of the day showcasing the newest addition to my foundation sample collection, MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NW10. I'm pleased with the shade but unfortunately the formulation is not for me, my skin is far too dehydrated at the moment to consider regular usage of this product. This style of makeup is one I've frequented in the last week; pin-up eyes inspired by this tutorial, high coverage foundation for my sins and a matte red lip.
I went to see the Great Gatsby last night which I had been simultaneously excited and nervous about for a long time. I was quite disappointed by it; Baz Lurhmann's style, although inarguably unique, is far from my favourite and I felt it made the timeless and classy story feel a little cheap. If you've seen it and loved or hated it please let me know! On another note, I'm devastated that I haven't yet seen a makeup tutorial for Carey Mulligan as Daisy Buchanan on my YouTube feed, how pretty were her smokey eyes!
In other literary news, I recently placed a sizeable order on The Book Depository and I'm planning to use my time off to read some of the books I didn't have time for during the college semester. I think I might like to start writing here about some of the books I've read and loved - maybe not whole book reviews, just mentions so if that's something you would like, let me know! I might even propose a challenge to myself to get the entire order read before summer is finished!
What have you been up to in my absence? Any book, film or TV show recommendations? Have you been sitting exams too?


2 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to seeing more blog posts from you as your blog has instantly become one of my favourites! You have such a cool style and sure know how to wear a red lip!

    I'm so excited to see The Great Gatsby as I really love Baz Lurhmann's directing technique. I have to say Australia was kind of weird though. :p Even if it doesn't live up to the hype, I'm sure I'll love it for aesthetic reasons. Plus, I have a huge girlcrush on Carey Mulligan.

    I'm trying to get into reading and I've just added so many books to my wishlist. If it's not makeup or clothes, there's always something else, right? :p I'm currently reading The Virgin Suicides which is such a beautiful read and I just finished watching the first two seasons of Girls, and LOVED it. Such a good TV show. I'm hanging out for season 3 now.

    http://vintagemachine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I don't know if you've tried mac studio sculpt, but its great for dry skin. sorry if this is random, I usually don't comment on blogs but I recently bought it and my skin feels so lush with it on. love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment as I would love your feedback! don't forget to check back for a reply! you can also contact me on twitter @serenaelliott