Saturday, 20 April 2013

summer nails



Essie Bikini So Teeney, Topshop War Paint, Essie Mint Candy Apple, Topshop AWOL, Topshop Parma Violet, Barry M Lychee, OPI Call Me Gwen-ever


While admittedly I'm very reluctant to wear anything that isn't a shade of black, white or denim in my every day life, I still love a cheeky slick of colour on the nails and there's no better excuse than a sunny day to road-test my favourite shades. This summer (if/when it comes) I'll be dipping my fingertips into both eye-catching brights and pretty pastels. From statement royal blue or orange hues and the sugary sweet lilacs and mints, I may have more nail polish picks than days in an Irish summer. Be grand.

The Pastels: Essie's Bikini So Teeny might just be the best summer shade with the sweetest name ever. A periwinkle blue with barely detectable silver glitter, this is perfect for sunny days as it looks amazing when it catches the light. Also from Essie, Mint Candy Apple needs no introduction and I love this for being the perfect balance between bright and pastel. Topshop's nail polish in Parma Violet is an instant winner for being named after my favourite sweets and is a delicate, pretty milky lilac. The newest in my nail polish collection, Barry M's Gelly Nail Paint in Lychee is a perfect pale nude to complement a tan.

The Brights: To channel Chanel's Le Vernis in Holiday, I love OPI Call Me Gwen-Ever, a juicy orange that's flattering on my pale skin. Topshop's stunning milky royal blue nail polish in AWOL has gotten me more compliments than I can count and I love it with a monochrome outfit. Another Topshop offering, War Paint is a neon coral with enough red in it to look pretty both with my pale skin and a tan, and I love this on the toes.

What are your favourite nail colours to wear in the warmer months?

2 comments:

  1. Those are some gorgeous shades! I'm a huge fan of the pastels when it comes to spring/summer nail polish colours too. Parma Violet, Mint Candy Apple and Bikini So Teeny are two of my favourites. It's autumn here in Australia and I'm wearing Parma Violet on my toes right now, but oh well! I'm loving the colour of AWOL too. I think I just might have to pick that up soon!... Not that I need any more nail polish. :p

    http://vintagemachine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWOL is so beautiful I might dedicate a whole post to it! you should pick it up if you can, it's the most stunning royal blue I've ever seen! I'm a sucker for Topshop nail polish xx

      Delete

please feel free to leave a comment as I would love your feedback! don't forget to check back for a reply! you can also contact me on twitter @serenaelliott