Wednesday, 24 April 2013

my pinky-brown obsession



Sleek lipstick in Liqueur, MAC lipstick in Brave, Nars blusher in Douceur, Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle, MAC blusher in Cubic


Despite being possibly the dullest colour to ever grace my makeup collection, there is something about an indefinably pinky-brown hue that gets me all excited. I've tried to be as restrained as possible in my obsession with this non-colour but I have built up quite a collection nonetheless.

For the cheeks, there's nothing like a sheer pink-brown contour/blusher hybrid on my ghostly skin to give my fat face some definition. MAC's Cubic blusher started the whole affair off when I purchased it in London last year. Since then I've also added Nars blusher in Douceur to my collection which, if I had to choose, I'd say is my favourite cheek product ever. I'm not sure why I thought I needed both as they're pretty much identical, with Nars' texture being slightly softer and more pigmented. Both come up quite sheer when you use a fluffy brush - I like the Real Techniques Blush Brush for these, but they work really well with something like a Sigma F35 to amplify the sculpting effects. Next on my lust list is the totally necessary Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in Exposed. Sarah did a great post recently on her love for the pinky brown cheek which also has me dreaming about Illamasqua Zygomatic. Damn.

In terms of lipsticks, any lipstick with too much brown is going to look a little too retro so you need to be careful with selecting the right shade for you. I love MAC's Brave as it's a little more opaque than the others in my collection and works well for bringing life into my face as well as being a good alternative to a pale nude. However it can look on the wrong side of 90's as I am so fair so balance it out with a modern make-up style - no Brody Dalle smokey eyes here. Sleek's lipstick in Liqueur is a great affordable alternative with a bit of a sheen but is the most unused out of the three in my collection. My favourite has to be the Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle, it's works so well with my naturally dark rosy lips and evens them out as well as livens my complexion up a bit!

Do you love the ultra-versatile pinky-brown or are you cringing at the granny hues photographed above?

2 comments:

  1. Good day. I was very impressed with your wonderful article. I hope you can write more and inspire a lot of people . You can also visit my site if you have time. Thank you and Bless you always.

    triciajoy.com

    www.triciajoy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very impressed with your article. Keep it up and Good luck with your future post. Visit my site too indicated below.

    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment as I would love your feedback! don't forget to check back for a reply! you can also contact me on twitter @serenaelliott