Thursday, 25 April 2013

La Roche-Posay? Oui, je l'adore.



La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo, Effaclar Mat & Anthelios AC (Anthelios range currently 25% off in Boots)*

A self-confessed Francophile, I, too have been gripped by the increasing fascination with the French pharmacie approach to skincare. With growing popularity after praise from the likes of Lisa Eldridge the French just seem to get it right when it comes to fuss-free and reasonably priced skincare. My routine is currently heavily comprised of products from Caudalie, Avène and Bioderma but a brand that I had never really experienced was La Roche-Posay. Recently I've been incorporating three products from La Roche-Posay's extensive range of skincare into my routine and I've been duly impressed.

There are many reasons that La Roche-Posay are winners in my eyes. Their products are effective, not too pricey and the packaging doesn't clash with my room**. They also have a massively varied range of products, even here in Ireland. I opted for two cult favourites and a necessity which suit my combination skin type that's been a little problematic of late.

Effaclar Duo made an appearance in my most recent favourites post as well as being a seasoned regular of the beauty-blogosphere in general so I don't think its pore purging promises need any further clarification! Effaclar Mat is arguably the ultimate foundation base which acts as a perfectly balanced moisturiser-primer hybrid. Opinions are still being formed on Anthelios AC, but La Roche-Posay are famed for their Anthelios sun protection range which is specially formulated for sun-sensitive skin. I'm extremely pale (if you didn't already know) and covered in freckles which I hate, so a high sun protection is essential for me to prevent any damage to my fair skin. It is worth noting that both Effaclar Mat and Anthelios AC rely on silicones to achieve a matte texture so they can't be used in conjunction with each other or any other make-up products which contain silicone.

Have you any products by La Roche-Posay that I need to try? What are your favourites and/or what's on your LRP wishlist?



*offer still running at time of posting!
**not crazy

No comments:

Post a Comment

please feel free to leave a comment as I would love your feedback! don't forget to check back for a reply! you can also contact me on twitter @serenaelliott