Tuesday, 12 March 2013

bright lips



Rimmel Apocalips in Stellar, MAC lipstick in Impassioned, MAC lipstick in Girl About Town, Topshop lipstick in Fire Cracker.

In everyday life I'm very monochrome and very safe with my make-up and outfit choices. I'd love to make like Bip Ling and wear a bright lip all the time but most of the time it's a neutral or a red/burgundy shade. I have some beautiful neon shades in my collection but rarely have the confidence to wear them. However, as I'm wearing an increasing amount of black I'm starting to feel like maybe it's okay to wear some more daring shades on my lips and nails. Cue a dig through my lip stocks to see what fits the bill.
In this photo I have on the Rimmel Apocalips in the shade Stellar, which I bought after seeing how pretty it looked on Estée. I love the texture of these and while this shade is extremely similar to MAC's Impassioned I find it has more red tones in it which makes it a lot more flattering on my skin tone.
I kept the rest of my make-up and my nails really simple here, but during last summer I loved dipping my toes into the matchy-matchy trend of bright orange nails à la Essie's Fear or Desire and Topshop's lipstick in Fire Cracker.
Will you be wearing ultra-brights on your lips this spring/summer? Also keep your eyes peeled for a neon nails edit in the coming weeks! 

2 comments:

  1. I love bold lips! It makes a plain monochrome outfit so much more fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love bold lips! But I can't really have them.

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment as I would love your feedback! don't forget to check back for a reply! you can also contact me on twitter @serenaelliott