Wednesday, 21 November 2012

NOTD: festive glitter



Nails Inc 'Porchester Square', Nicole for OPI 'Rainbow in the S-Kylie' (both available from ASOS)

A nail combo I loved last winter was OPI 'Steady As She Rose' with this multicoloured glitter topcoat. This year it's a slightly more grown-up 'Porchester Square' with an accent finger of rainbow glitter. I haven't been able to stop staring at my nails since I laquered on this combo a few days ago. I find Nails Inc polishes wear reasonably well but strangely enough they last longer when I don't use a topcoat. Please excuse some slight tip-wear on my index finger! While 'Porchester Square' is a relatively unique shade, these rainbow glitter topcoats are everywhere now and you can get some really amazing variations from Essence and Models Own for a fraction of the price of an OPI or Deborah Lippman polish. For me this is the perfect winter polish combination - the nude goes really well with the burgundy and oxblood shades that are everywhere these days and the rainbow glitter is so festive! I'm tempted to go ahead and apply glitter to every nail!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please feel free to leave a comment as I would love your feedback! don't forget to check back for a reply! you can also contact me on twitter @serenaelliott