Tuesday, 7 August 2012

hair oils



(L-R: Hask Argan Oil, Organix Renewing Morrocan Argan Oil, Biona Organic Coconut Oil)

For me, hair oils are an everyday essential. I've put my hair through hell and back with years of dying, everyday heat styling and bleaching the absolute shit out of it! My hair is now it's natural colour and I'm trying to encourage it to grow and repair itself. While it's in its awkward mid-length stage I'm refusing to cut the dead ends off and so hair oils are very necessary to coat the fried ends of my hair. While hair oils can be ludicrously expensive these three are my favourite budget hair oils - thanks to these three products I've never found the need to splash out on the original Morrocanoil.
Both Hask and Organix offerings are great for everyday use, I rub a small amount through the palms of my hands and then run it through the ends of my hair, then use whatever is left over to tame down and frizz near the roots of my hair (my hair is quite dry so I can afford to do this!). Each are really inexpensive and widely praised - I know fellow Irish blogger Julie uses the Hask oil (which is available in Penneys - or Primark if you're in the UK) and Lily has done a rave review of the Organix one.
However, for me the standout product is just plain and simple coconut oil. I was pushed to by this after Andrea made a video showing her homemade hair mask of coconut oil and eggs. While I don't think I could ever stomach putting eggs on my hair I love using coconut oil as a hair mask once a week. It makes my hair all over smooth and shiny and much healthier - my ends are still dry but that's just one of those things. I'm thinking about doing a separate post on how I use the coconut oil as a hair mask as it's made such a difference to my hair so let me know if that's something you'd like to see!

If you use a hair oil let me know which is your favourite as I'm always interested in trying new products which might resurrect my poor hair! I'd also like to apologise for my disappearance last weekend, I really want to keep to a schedule of blogging every second day but the sale started in work which didn't leave much time for blogging! I promise posting will be more regular from now on! :) x

7 comments:

  1. I tried coconut oil and it took me over a week of daily washing to get every last trace out! I'm desperate to try the Argan oil though, my hairs really dry after sun abuse on holiday xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hair is dry so I don't mind a bit of residue! But you definitely need a clarifying shampoo! I use one by Tresemme but the Bumble and Bumble Sunday shampoo is also meant to be excellent :)

      Delete
  2. I really want to try Organix Renewing Morrocan Argan Oil! I use one by Avon recently and I tried the Vo5 Argan oil treatment, which was reallly good. I love how shiny and smooth they leave your hair :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not expensive at all you should try it if you get a chance! I have the v05 one but I didn't feel like it did much to my hair! Thanks for the recommendation though :) x

      Delete
    2. I agree, the VO5 treatment did basically nothing to my hair, it was disappointing

      Delete
  3. The Primark Argon oil is a total bargain, I picked one up there the other day. I love to use L'oreal Mythic oil on my hair :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's so good especially for the price! Ooh I've heard so many good things, I'll have to try! thanks for your comment! x

      Delete

please feel free to leave a comment as I would love your feedback! don't forget to check back for a reply! you can also contact me on twitter @serenaelliott