Tuesday, 24 July 2012

NOTD: Essie 'St Lucia Lilac'



One of the biggest nail trends for spring and summer this year has been pastel nails and the best interpretor of this trend, for me, has been Essie. Their Diffusion line was released just in time and shades like Lilacism, Fiji and Mint Candy Apple'are really having a moment. I don't own any of the diffusion line - €13 for a nail polish is a bit too steep for me and I prefer to source my Essie and OPI polishes from a US Ebay seller. I got 'St Lucia Lilac' a few months ago, wore it for two weeks straight and moved on. However after seeing this post yesterday by one of my favourite bloggers, Jessica, I dug out my favourite milky lilac polish.

I think St Lucia Lilac is almost identical to Lilacism but I don't own both so I can't compare fully. Based on swatches I think the former is more muted and ever so slightly more blue toned. I think this is the Absolutely Shore to Lilacism's Mint Candy Apple, if that makes sense!



My base and top coat of choice are - no surprises here - OPI Nail Envy and Seche Vite. I think these are everyone's favourites! I went for a period of not wearing any basecoat at all after being so loyal to Nail Envy and my nails have really suffered, so please excuse the state of them! Every single one of them has broken - I'm not used to having them this short and this Instagram photo is a better representation of the nail length I'm comfortable with.



What have you got on your nails at the moment? And what's your favourite nail polish for summer? I don't think I could choose one but this is definitely my favourite this week!


10 comments:

  1. That colour is so pretty! I am currently wearing a metallic blue nailpolish, no idea which brand it is, had it since I was a kid :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sounds pretty, I love blues on the nails! xx

      Delete
  2. beautiful shade!

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post !
    Love your nails :)

    Really have to try Essie too !!

    Just stopped by your blog!
    Loved it instantly so I have no choice but to follow you around!!

    Please feel free to check out my blog if you have the time

    p.s check out the link in my latest post as well :)

    Love,

    Janice
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much, your comment was lovely :) you should definitely try Essie polish if you get a chance xxx

      Delete
  4. Just found your blog and i have really enjoyed reading it! That is such a beautiful colour. I too love Essie nail polish, they have done the pastel trend really well and their bottles are super cute too!
    cant wait to see future posts, i am now following :)
    Anna

    http://opshopaholic.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for your kind comment :) i agree, i love OPI but find myself more drawn to essie because the bottles look so cute! xxx

      Delete
  5. This is such a nice colour! Love your rings too

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! they're from Love Hearts and Crosses xxx

      Delete

please feel free to leave a comment as I would love your feedback! don't forget to check back for a reply! you can also contact me on twitter @serenaelliott