Thursday, 26 July 2012

nails & face of the evening





another nail-related post and a photo of my slightly boring evening makeup which I wore for a meal out last night. I love the look of Fear or Desire, which was released as part of Essie's Summer 2012 collection (I got mine from this Ebay seller). I love how this super bright polish looks with lots of silver jewellery and a plain white tshirt - mine is from Topshop Boutique. I think the turquoise accent on the ring (which I got from blogger Lily's jewellery shop, JWLRY) goes really well with the bright orange polish.
I would usually never dream of wearing something so bright so I kept it simple with the white tshirt, cuff necklace, black skinny jeans and ankle boots.
This is an example of how I would wear my makeup on an evening out, usually I don't wear any eyeshadow which is a pity as I have so much that never gets used! I used Urban Decay's Naked 2 palette and MAC's Satin Taupe for this simple look.


18 comments:

  1. you look so pretty! love your ring

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nails look great and all, but your eye make up looks fabulous! I also love your rings that sit half way up your finger - where are they from?

    Lindsey xo

    www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you s much! I got them from Black Tied on the ASOS Marketplace! xx

      Delete
  3. you look amazing! love the nail polish you´re wearing and also your ring with the blue stone :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE YOR STYLE ♥ I'm following you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the nail colour. It goes so well with turquoise ring.

    Great blog! Followed :)

    Jane

    www.letsbecool.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really like the band rings!! Great blog :)
    http://brightershade2107.blogspot.co.uk/
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for your lovely comment xx

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous, love the nose piercing x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Serena!
    I absolutely love your hair and those pretty rings! :)


    Much love,
    The Cabinet Of Fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blog! Love your rings, new follower :)x

    teacuptoast.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment as I would love your feedback! don't forget to check back for a reply! you can also contact me on twitter @serenaelliott