Tuesday, 31 July 2012

july empties



hair and shower empties: Lee Stafford Hair Growth conditioner, Rituals Yogi Flow shower gel, Lee Stafford My Big Fat Healthy Hair shampoo, Lee Stafford Hair Growth treatment



beauty empties: Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in 'Fair', Rimmel Stay Matte powder in 'Transparent', MAC Fix+

For the past month I've really been trying to clear out my stash of unused products - mainly bath and body products and a good few shampoos and conditioners. I'm actually kind of bored of experimenting with these things as I know what I like and what works for me and anything that I don't love, I want to get rid of.

The Lee Stafford products were all bought at the same time as part of a 3 for 2 deal in Boots. Lee Stafford doesn't really appeal to me any more - the violet shampoo was great when I was blonde but now the heavy, artificial lavender smell just makes me feel sick and the products don't do all that much for me. As far as making my hair grow these conditioners did nothing, they weren't even that good at providing moisture to my fried hair. So, I won't be repurchasing any of these.

I've seen the Rituals shower gel (which I received in my Christmas Glossybox) in a good few empties posts of late, I find it so funny that all bloggers get the same products at the same time and use them up around the same time too! Once again I won't be repurchasing as I prefer Lush or Soap and Glory for shower gels. This one is unique as it's actually a foam - it's basically the same consistency as shaving foam. I did use this while I shaved thinking it'd be really nice and moisturising but sadly this was not the case. The scent didn't appeal to me either, I prefer the sickly sweetness of Lush's Snow Fairy!

There is still a bit of product left in my Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder but it's just annoying to have to try and scrape around the edge so I'll give it one more swipe tomorrow and then it's going in the bin. I love this powder - it's cheap, cheerful and it does the job, and I've already bought a back-up.

This is the third Collection Lasting Perfection concealer I've used up and it's a firm favourite of mine (and everyone else's in the beauty community!) I bought this after hearing the lovely Leanne rave about it and haven't looked back! And yes, I have a back-up in my stores.

There is definitely still a couple more sprays left in the MAC Fix+ bottle but I wanted to include it anyway. I bought this about a year ago in the airport so it was a bit cheaper than the standard €16.50 (I think). It's an ok product but I'm not sure if I'm interested in buying again as the spray nozzle irritates me so much. It's not a nice wide mist but more of a very directional squirt. For toning down an overly powdery look I think I'm going to try the Avène Eau Thermale or a similar product by Vichy or LRP. Does anyone else have this problem with Fix+? I thought maybe I'd gotten a dud as everyone seems to love it so much!

Once again, I'd really love to hear your opinions about any of the products I've mentioned. I'm so grateful for every comment I receive! To counteract today's rather negative post I'm thinking about doing a 'Top 5 Most Reached For'-esque series so keep your eyes peeled for that over the next week :) x

3 comments:

  1. Great post gurrrl, gotta love Lasting Perfection!
    I'd totally recommend Vichy's Eau Thermal - will twitpic you a photo now. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the samme problem with fix +. I find spraying onto a brush then tapping it on my face works better as it applies it more evenly and you have more control xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh thanks for the tip I'll have to give it a try. I did try blending it in with a brush after it's landed on my face but that just moves my foundation around >:(

      Delete

please feel free to leave a comment as I would love your feedback! don't forget to check back for a reply! you can also contact me on twitter @serenaelliott