Friday, 13 July 2012

five current favourites



(L-R: Rimmel Sunshimmer in 'Light Matte', Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation in '51 Light Vanilla', Sleek Pout Paint in 'Pin Up', Essie nail polish in 'Absolutely Shore', Boots Botanics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm)

Just an insight into some products I have been loving over the few weeks. I have fallen into a bit of a rut with my everyday routine so none of the products are particularly exciting! Some are old favourites and some, new discoveries. I considered posting an 'everyday products' type post but when I laid the products out to be photographed I realised just how boring my daily routine is!

After Julie's video where she cited Rimmel Sunshimmer as her favourite self tanner I recalled using it two years ago on my eighteenth birthday and loving how fuss free it was, so next time I was near a Boots I nabbed a tube. I haven't looked back since! It's definitely saved me a lot of hassle although for special occasions I will continue to use St Moritz (and partake in the three day preparation which it entails!)

I bought this foundation on a trip to London in May when we had actual, real summer weather and my Estee Lauder foundation of choice was unbearable in the heat. I love this foundation as it creates a semi-flawless base and feels a lot lighter than my usual Double Wear. When I wear this I pair it with MAC Studio Finish concealer for extra coverage and I've really been enjoying a less full on (in my opinion!) look!

While the formulation of the Sleek Pout Paint isn't the best, I love the colour and the finish. An added bonus includes the oh so satisfactory application! I find the colour more flattering than MAC Russian Red lipstick and the finish more comfortable. I would LOVE to get my hands on an OCC Lip Tar to compare them, though, as I mentioned in my last post!

I bought Absolutely Shore on recommendation from Anna, I love mint polishes but the famous Mint Candy Apple seemed too bright for my tastes. I bought this from a US Ebay seller so it's not part of the diffusion line (available in Boots and Superdrug) but it's a lot cheaper! Application isn't great and it takes about three coats to achieve opacity but I love the colour so much I can get over it!

I haven't had this hot cloth cleanser too long but I've been enjoying using it so much. Alix raves about this and I trust her skincare recommendations so when I saw Botanics products were 3 for 2 in Boots a few weeks ago I snapped this up. It smells fantastic and it feels so luxurious and moisturising on the skin and at the end of the day I'm excited to use this product!

If you love (or hate!) any of the products I've mentioned let me know! I'd also love to know what your current favourites are and if there are any product recommendations you have for me! Sorry about the lengthly post but I wanted to give a mini-review of each product! xx

8 comments:

  1. as much as I love the Rimmel I'm a complete DISASTER with applying it, prob cos I'm not to diligent in the pre-exfoliating required!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never usually make a point of exfoliating before using this, which is why I love it so much as it's so much more fuss free than a gradual tanner! xx

      Delete
  2. I am curious about the essie nailpolisch and the sleek pout paint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they're both great you should deffo try if you get a chance xx

      Delete
  3. Beautiful choices! I feel like I pretty much NEED an Essie polish soon!

    http://www.jenventure.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! yes you must try them :) xx

      Delete
  4. I love Rimmel sun shimmer, really natural and perfect for the summer xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! my favourite instant tan xx

      Delete

please feel free to leave a comment as I would love your feedback! don't forget to check back for a reply! you can also contact me on twitter @serenaelliott